Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Bulls' Hinrich Still Out With Foot Injury


Chicago Bulls' Kirk Hinrich is still attempting to come back from a stress reaction in his right foot that has sidelined him for several games. Throughout the season he has missed 21 games with seven different ailments.
After practice last Thursday Hinrich said he hoped he would be back baring no "overnight setback." Be careful what you say- the overnight setback occurred at the Bulls' hotel in San Francisco.
Before Friday morning's shootaround at University of San Francisco, Hinrich said, "It's pretty sore. At least I know where I'm at. With that little level of activity, I still have a ways to go, I guess.
"I want to get out there as soon as I can, but it was pretty lit up Thursday night and Friday morning. Just keep doing things the training staff is telling me to do, and hopefully it will be ready soon. I just not quite there yet."
Hinrich was signed in the summer for a two-year deal to be a replacement for Derrick Rose as he recovered from knee surgery, and has made just 44 starts.
"I've just been in and out of the lineup," Hinrich said. "And the elbow thing was tough because that wasn't even like a real injury in my mind, it was just kind of a freak deal. This is just one of those things I guess it's going to take a little bit of time for the bone to heal and to feel like where I can play at a level that could help the team."
When Hinrich is healthy and in the lineup, the Bulls are 29-15 in games that he's played in.
"He runs the team," said coach Tom Thibodeau. "He sets the tone for our defense and offense. He keeps us organized at both ends. When you look at what he's done when he's been out there, the team has functioned very, very well. The issue has been the injuries."
Hinrich was hoping to return to the lineup on Monday to play against the Denver Nuggets, but he did not play. "I was just told to kind of take it easy and hopefully it calms back down to where it was and start moving again," Hinrich said.
If you are a basketball player and have a foot problem, call our Newington, Kensington, or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Craig M. Kaufman, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Newington
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment