Monday, March 18, 2013

Suns Gortat Sidelined 3-4 Weeks With Lisfranc


Not the dreaded Lisfranc!!!
Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat injured himself and left with 36 seconds left in the first quarter last Wednesday in the 98-71 loss against the Toronto Raptors. He stepped on Raptors center Amir Johnson's foot and felt a pop. The Suns were trailing 28-24 at the end of the first quarter, where Gortat scored eight points, and the offense suffered without him. He sustained a Lisfranc sprain in his right foot, which will be in a cast for three weeks.
"I just heard a pop," Gortat said. "I'll be able to play. Well I say, 'yeah', but the doctors say 'no'. I'm out for a few days. Maybe weeks."
Gortat has appeared in every game since being acquired by the Suns on December 18th, 2010, a total 0f 182 games. He has started 138 consecutive games since March 27, 2011 for the Suns and is the only player on the team to start every game this season. Gortat is averaging 11.1 points, 8.5 rebounds, and 1.61 blocks in 61 games.
He told the Arizona Republic's Paul Coro that he doubts he will be back this season, with the Suns' final game on April 17th against the Denver Nuggets. "I'm definitely not going to work all this just to come back for one or two games," Gortat said. "I'd rather just rest the rest of the year. I can tell you thing: I'm going to definitely consider not going to the Polish national team again and not playing another 20 games in the off-season. That's what really screwed me over. I was just stupid."
Gortat was just beginning to feel refreshed after a tight left hamstring. He's wishing the best for his team for the rest of the year. "I get a few messages from friends and players around the league that say now they're really going to see what it means to play without a center and a guy who sacrifices a lot for the team," Gortat said. "I personally want them to win because I know how it is to be on a team that loses all the time. But they're going to have a tough job."
Reference: Arizona Republic
If you are a basketball player and have a foot problem, call our Newington, Kensington, or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Craig M. Kaufman, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Newington
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment