Thursday, December 13, 2012

Chauncey Billups Out Indefinitely With Foot Injury


Los Angeles Clippers guard Chauncey Billups is out indefinitely with peroneal tendonitis in his left foot.
Billups' injury is not related to the torn Achilles tendon he suffered on February 6th, which kept him out nearly 10 months. He had returned only last week and played just three games before suffering this new injury.
"It has no relation to the Achilles at all. It's a peroneal tendon that's kind of below the ankle bone, not behind the Achilles It's not related at all," Billups said.
"It's frustrating, of course, working that hard to come back and have to kind of sit back and wait. I know what it is. I respect the process and I'm not down at all. Of course, I want to be out there, but it is what it is. I know it's all about the marathon for me," said Billups.
Willie Green, who played in Billups' absence, will start again with Billups out again. The Clippers don't have a timetable for Billups' return, but figure it will be a while for the inflammation of the tendonitis to calm down. The team is cautious with injuries like this, which is a good thing.
"When he's ready, he'll go," said Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro. "I don't have a timeframe for it. It could be this weekend, it could be in a week, two weeks, a month. I don't have a timeframe. When he says he's ready, he'll be out there."
"I just kind of feel like I've worked way too hard to get back to play hurt, you know what I'm saying," Billups said.
Billups foot started to bother him again on November 28th during the game against the Utah Jazz. "Honestly, in that Utah game... it was really painful. I couldn't really push off my left foot. It was just really weak. I couldn't explode off it. I couldn't cut. Everything I was doing, I was just getting through it. I'm like 'I should be better than this.'"
Billups had an MRI the next day, which revealed the injury. "I knew that coming back I'd deal with a lot of other things in my body that were trying to catch back up to the speed of playing a real game, so I think it is just part of the process."
Billups had averaged 7.3 points and 1.3 assists while playing almost 20 minutes per game since his return.
If you participate in basketball and have a foot problem, call our Newington, Kensington, or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Craig M. Kaufman, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Newington
Visit our website, like our page on Facebook, and follow our tweets on Twitter


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment