Saturday, November 10, 2012

Jacoby Ford Making Progress After Foot Surgery

OAKLAND, CA - NOVEMBER 07:  Jacoby Ford #12 of...
OAKLAND, CA - NOVEMBER 07: Jacoby Ford #12 of the Oakland Raiders catches a pass over Brandon Flowers #24 of the Kansas City Chiefs in overtime during an NFL game at Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum on November 7, 2010 in Oakland, California. (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)

Jacoby Ford suffered a season ending Lisfranc injury to his left foot in August and was placed on the injured reserve. The original injury occurred in a preseason game on August 17th at Arizona and he underwent surgery in September.Ford suffered a similar injury in 2011 that made him miss six games, but he has never missed an entire season before.
The Raiders wide receiver stopped in to the locker room last Wednesday and gave an update on his rehabilitation and progress.
"It's coming along all right so far," Ford said. "We're just waiting until I can get out of the walking boot. Then I can start actually jogging and running around on it. But right now- just kind of range of motion and just getting the soreness out of there."
When it comes to recuperating, Ford said "I've never had to go through anything like this. It's extremely tough. But I try to come around these guys whenever I can just so they can keep my spirits up and I stay in a good mood. Other than that, I just kind of stay off and just let them work. I just let them stay prepared and focused during the season."
Ford has been given no timetable for when he'll be out of the walking boot- "Just whenever the doctor tells me."
He tries to attend games, watching from a luxury box, and tries to avoid the "Black Hole." "I look at the 'Black Hole,' but I don't go down there. Too hectic for me," said Ford.
If you are are suffering from a football related foot injury, call our Newington, Kensington, or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Craig M. Kaufman, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Newington, Kensington, and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, friend and like our page on Facebook, and follow my tweets on Twitter.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment