Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Raider's Darren McFadden Ready For Healthy Season

GLENDALE, AZ - AUGUST 17:  Running back Darren...
GLENDALE, AZ - AUGUST 17: Running back Darren McFadden #20 of the Oakland Raiders rushes the football past linebacker Daryl Washington #58 of the Arizona Cardinals during the first half of the NFL preseason game at the University of Phoenix Stadium on August 17, 2012 in Glendale, Arizona. (Image credit: Getty Images via @daylife)
Oakland Raiders running back Darren McFadden is back and feeling healthy, which is good news for an organization whose offensive success depends upon keeping him on the field.
McFadden has missed 19 games in the past 4 seasons with injuries to his foot, toe, knee, hamstring, and shoulder.
"He's unreal," said quarterback Carson Palmer of McFadden, who suffered a season ending Lisfranc injury to his right foot on October 23rd against Kansas City.
"He's fast, he's explosive, but he's also a phenomenal teammate. Guys love him. He's a leader. When you have your best player on your team be one of your hardest workers, it's great for young guys, vets, even guys like Richard Seymour who have Super Bowl rings."
Through the first six games last season McFadden led the NFL with 600 yards, added another 129 receiving, and had five touchdowns. His injury was first reported as a foot sprain, but it was later found to be much more serious.
"I just want to come out and pick up where I left off," McFadden said at training camp. "The type of injury that I had is something that set me down for a long time. A lot of people may think it's hard to bounce back and get in the flow of things. But for me, once I'm out there on the field, I feel like I'm at home."
McFadden is one of several elite running backs whose 2011 season was cut short by injury. So how will McFadden stay healthy this season? "If somebody's got an answer for it, I would love for them to tell me, because I need that."

If you are a football player suffering from a foot injury, call our Newington, Kensington, or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Craig M. Kaufman, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Newington, Kensington, and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, friend and like our page on Facebook, and follow my tweets on Twitter.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment