Common Foot Injuries: Sprains, tendinitis, stress fractures.
The Perfect Basketball Shoe Should:
- Have a thick, stiff sole, that gives support while running and landing jumps.
- Have a high heel construction that supports the ankle during quick changes in direction.
Common Foot Injuries: Turf toe, Achilles tendinitis.
The Perfect Football Cleat Should:
- Have a good amount of high ankle support. This is especially important for linemen and other players who make frequent sideways movements during play.
- Allow for proper traction on a grassy field, in both wet and dry conditions. This will largely help to prevent injury.
turf toe, ingrown toenails. '
The Perfect Soccer Cleat Should:
- Not have more than a half inch of space between the big toe and the end of a shoe.
- Feature the stud type for the ground that will be played on most often: soft, hard, or firm.
Common Foot Injuries: Plantar fasciitis, shin splints, Morton's neuroma.
The Perfect Running Shoe Should:
- Provide maximum shock absorption, to help runners avoid ailments.
- Match your foot's arch type (high, medium, low).
Craig M. Kaufman, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Newington, Kensington, and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, friend and like our page on Facebook, and follow my tweets on Twitter.