Thursday, February 13, 2014

McShane's Ankle Not Broken

Hull City defender Paul McShane did not sustain a broken ankle in Tuesday's loss to Southampton, manager Steve Bruce confirmed.
The Republic of Ireland defender was carried off the field just 12 minutes into their 1-0 defeat at KC Stadium. He was injured in a collision between himself, Rickie Lambert, and Allan McGregor. 
While there is no visible break in McShane's ankle, Bruce did say that the defender would be out for some time, which according to the latest reports is six months with ankle ligament damage. 
"We have seen the X-rays and they revealed that there is no break, but I don't know if you have seen it like I have," Bruce said. 
"The video evidence doesn't look great, his ankle was in a horrible position so we fear ligament damage. Until we see the scans tomorrow we are unsure but it doesn't look good.
"We now have to just dust ourselves off and get ready for our cup game this weekend."
McShane told the Irish Daily Star, "I am out for six months with ankle ligament injury and micro fracture of the bone. I am going for an operation next Monday and I have to get myself right as quickly as I can. It's very frustrating to be honest as I was feeling very good. Now I must battle back as quickly as I can." 
Bruce described opponent Southampton as an "excellent" side after seeing his team drop to number 13, just three points above relegation zone. Bruce conceded that Southampton was the better team in a game where his men rarely threatened to score. 
References: Hull Daily Mail and SoccerWay.
If you are a soccer player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment