Friday, February 14, 2014

Dwyane Wade May Not Play In All-Star Game

Dwyane Wade was scratched from the Miami Heat's lineup Wednesday night against the Golden State Warriors because of nerve irritation in his left foot. His status for the All-Star game is up in the air. 
Wade sat out of Tuesday night's win against the Phoenix Suns with a migraine, but was in good spirits before the game against the Warriors, talking with reporters for 10 minutes in the locker room. He had been listed at his usual shooting guard spot and was announced during pregame introductions, but moments before tipoff, the Heat said he would not play. 
Wade said he would travel to New Orleans for Sunday's All-Star game, but is unsure if he will play or not. 
"I'm not optimistic. I'm not pessimistic. I just want to get better," said Wade, a 10-time All-Star who was elected a starter for the Eastern Conference this year. 
Wade said that during warm-ups his foot began to give him problems and he went to the locker room. Trainers diagnosed him with foot drop, which is a weakness or paralysis of the muscles that lift the foot. 
"I started feeling a little something in my foot, getting a little numbness," Wade said. "But you don't think nothing of it. As time went on it started going up my leg a little bit, so the nerve going up my leg kind of shut down. Weirdest thing I've ever (felt). When I was out there and moved around and warmed up, I felt I couldn't feel my foot. So I didn't want to do anything."
Toney Douglas, who was traded from the Warriors to the Heat this season,  made his second straight start for Miami. It was the final game before the All-Star game for both teams. 
Wade has missed 15 games this season, mostly for his problematic knees. This season he's averaging 18.7 points, 4.8 rebounds, and 4.7 assists in 36 games. 
Reference: USA Today
If you are a basketball player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment