Sunday, February 2, 2014

Jordan Spieth Limps Off Course

Jordan Spieth limped off the gold course after a disappointing finish at the Farmers Insurance Open last weekend. 
He finished 75-75, which dropped him from a share of second place all the way to joint 19th. He had a good second round, going 63 alongside Tiger Woods. 
The 29 year old Spieth told the Golf Channel that his ankle troubled him all weekend, and that it was "pretty messed up."
"I felt it on the second day on the back nine and I guess from there I just stopped loading as well on it and started missing fairways," Spieth said. 
"I don't remember where; it just started hurting, stepped wrong somewhere. I couldn't hit balls after the round. Obviously it didn't affect the round on Friday, but I just didn't hit any fairways from there. I didn't feel pain at all, so I don't blame it on that whatsoever, but whatever it was, I wasn't loading correctly and therefore I started hitting them left going left, really, with every club."
Over the weekend, Spieth hit just 12 of 28 fairways, managing just four birdies. 
Spieth will skip the Phoenix Open and is next scheduled to play at the Pebble Beach National Pro-Am the week after. 
References: CBS Sports and The Golf Channel
If you are a golf player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment