Friday, November 15, 2013

MRI Shows No Further Damage to Manning

An MRI taken on Monday shows no further damage to Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning's right ankle. Now Manning and the Broncos will wait to hear what the NFL thinks of the hit the quarterback sustained in Sunday's 28-20 win over the Chargers.
Manning suffered the initial ankle injury last month against the Jacksonville Jaguars and it was aggravated the following week against the Indianapolis Colts. This past Sunday Manning was blindsided by Chargers linebacker Tourek Williams for a sack and fumble. After the game Manning was seen limping out of
Qualcomm Stadium.
"Somebody was around my feet," Manning said. "I've got to see the play. I don't know who it was. But they were near my lower limbs."
With regards to the condition of his ankles, Manning said, "Pretty sore. They kind of got me twice in that lower area. I felt better coming into the game after the bye week, but pretty sore. I'll get an MRI tomorrow, so I'll know a little more then."
Interim coach Jack Del Rio has sent copies of the play to league offices of Corey Liuget's dive at Manning's ankles. Manning stayed down after Liuget hit him, limping through the rest of the game.
"In the rules, there are certain areas you can hit and certain areas that are supposed to be protected," Del Rio said Monday. "And we thought that got into an area that was supposed to be protected."
Manning is still scheduled to play Sunday against Kansas City.
"I certainly plan on it, yeah," Manning said. "I had (an MRI) a couple of week ago. I took a couple hits today, so just kind of an update to see what it says. I'm hoping for no change."
"But he'll definitely play this week," Del Rio said. "He's ready to roll and that's good news."
In the game against the Chargers Manning got sacked 12 times and has been hit 27 times since Chris Clark replaced Ryan Clady at left tackle. In three straight games Clark has allowed Manning to be sacked and stripped from the blind side. Not good news.
According to Del Rio, "We're definitely on high alert, wanting to protect our quarterback."
References: Boston Globe and Denver Post.
If you are a football player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment