Friday, May 23, 2014

Cody Latimer Taking It Easy During Broncos MiniCamp

Second-round pick Cody Latimer has been taking it easy during the Denver Broncos' rookie minicamp. 
Latimer is recovering from surgery to repair a fractured fifth metatarsal. Latimer had the surgery on January 19th and missed all but the bench press at the NFL scouting combine in late February. However, at Indiana's pro-day session on March 26th, Latimer posted times of 4.39 and 4.43 seconds in the 40-yard dash. During his workout he also had an impressive 39-inch vertical jump.
It was likely these numbers, along with the Broncos previous experience with wide receivers Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker, that helped the team believe he would fully recover, even though it means he would take it easier as a rookie. 
"All in all we're going to be smart with his foot and he's doing just fine," Head Coach John Fox said. "We were familiar with it and he'll be more involved by Monday."
In the meantime Latimer has been taking a few passes, but it not pushing his foot to the point of reinjury. 
"(I'm) not doing too much cutting," Latimer said. "They're doing a good job of treating me and staying on top of it.'
So Latimer has been doing "mental reps" instead, meaning players who must only watch from the sidelines. 
"I'm eager, but you know that's good. I get to get mental reps and learn from everyone else. Seeing what everyone else is doing and how to get coached up from their mistakes. And hoping that when I come out here and I'm able to run I don't make those mistakes.
"So I'm doing a lot of learning and doing a lot of mental reps, so it's good for me." 
Latimer does not expect to start in September, with receivers Thomas, Wes Welker, and Julius Thomas catching 65 or more passes from Peyton Manning last season.
"I'm here to get on the field, but it's not much of a rush," Latimer said. "I can learn from (the veterans) and don't have to get pushed into the system too early.
"I'll be on the field when I can, special teams, however I've got to play the field. Like I said, it makes it easier for me having to catch on the offense, not so much of a rush."
The team has high hopes for Latimer once he is fully recovered, however. 
"He's a physical specimen, and when he plays, he plays his size," Offensive Coordinator Adam Gise said. "To see him catch the ball as well as he does and then his blocking is unbelievable. I don't think we've really seen a college guy go after it the way he has in the past, and hopefully he just carries that over to this level."
References: Denver PostDenver Broncos, and NFL.
If you are a football player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook.

1 comment:

  1. pg slot เว็บไซต์ตรง ได้ง่ายสุดๆที่สุดรวมถึงฝากถอนเงินในแต่ละครั้งได้ไม่มีอย่างน้อย pg slot สิทธิพิเศษในการวางเดิมพันที่จะสามารถทำให้ทุกๆคนใกล้เงินจำนวนเป็นอันมาก รวมถึงยังสามารถทำวางเดิมพัน

    ReplyDelete