Thursday, April 10, 2014

Twins Place Bartlett On Disabled List

The Minnesota Twins placed utility man Jason Bartlett on the 15-day disabled list Monday with a left ankle sprain. The team recalled Rochester Triple-A catcher/outfielder Chris Hermann for Monday's home opener against the Oakland A's.
Bartlett sustained the injury in the sixth inning of Sunday's game against the Cleveland Indians when he slid into home plate. He scored from first base on a three-run double from Chris Colabello and was replaced by Eduardo Escobar. Bartlett had replaced left fielder Josh Willingham, who has hit by a pitch on the left wrist. 
"With Bart, we didn't think it was that big of a deal, but he had to come out of the game and it started to stiffen up on him on the plane last night," Twins assistant general manager Rob Antony said. "He went out on the field today with [head trainer Dave] Pruemer, and he ran around and could feel it. So we had to figure out what we were going to do, and because he wasn't ready for a few days, we decided to put Bartlett on the DL."
Bartlett is 0-3 in his first three games this season. Hermann, on the other hand, started two games for Rochester, and went 7-for-17 (.412) in 14 spring training games with the Twins. He appeared in 57 games last season, going .204 with four home runs and 18 RBIs. 
Hermann is a versatile player who can both catch and play the corner outfields. During Spring Training he played a first base and played there with Rochester in his first two games. 
"Being a versatile player, that's what helps me learn all these positions," Hermann said. "I just feel like I get the hang of it a lot faster than most other people do. I'm not really afraid to try a new position either."
Hermann's impressive Spring Training performance almost helped him make the roster this season.
"I felt like I had a really good spring," Hermann said. "I came out and I swung the bat really well. I started playing some first base. I think I opened up the eyes for our coaching staff. They saw what I could be- even more versatile than I am already."
Reference: MLB
If you are a baseball player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment