Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Eli Manning's Season Done

New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning has taken a beating all season with a porous offensive line, and Sunday's game was no different.
Manning suffered a high ankle sprain during Sunday's 20-6 victory over the Washington Redskins. He was injured late in the first half of the game when he threw an incomplete pass under pressure and was hit by defensive end Chris Baker. It looked like Manning got his ankle rolled on as he was dragged to the turf. On the next play he was intercepted by Josh Wilson and limped off the field, going directly to the locker room.
"At this point I couldn't finish the game," Manning said. "I obviously wanted to. The doctor said it would not be a good decision, and I agreed with him. I don't think I could have been very effective playing after the injury."
Manning finished 10 of 24 for 152 yards with a touchdown and his career-high and NFL leading 27th interception. He was replaced in the game on Sunday by Curtis Painter. After the game he was seen wearing a walking boot and using crutches when he left MetLife Stadium.
"Rest for a few weeks and I'll probably be in a boot for a while, that's what they say with a high ankle sprain," Manning said. "Obviously I have time now, so I'll just rest it up and start rehabbing.
"It's serious, but you know it will heal. I have an offseason to do that. I'm not worried about it being a lasting effect."
References: The Republic and ESPN
If you are a football player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment