Sunday, October 6, 2013

Bucks' Delfino Hit With Setback

The Milwaukee Bucks thought they acquired Carlos Delfino this summer at a bargain, $3.2 million per year,
in their attempts to prove their "we're not tanking, but we are reshaping the roster and we'll not be all that good" strategy.
However, the Bucks will be without Delfino for most of training camp because of a setback to his surgically repaired foot.
Delfino fractured his right foot playing for Houston in Game 5 of the Rockets' first-round playoff series against Oklahoma City last April. He was signed to a two-year deal with a team option for a third season.
The 31 year old was still in a walking boot at the team's annual media day Monday.
"I had a fracture five months ago and I had surgery," Delfino said. "I had a little setback the last couple of days. We don't have a timeframe. They are taking pictures and we're going to know more in the next couple of days. I can't wait to get on the court."
Delfino spent three years with the Bucks and signed as a free agent and played a big role with Houston last season. He noticed the injury in his foot with a month left in the season and played through the pain. Delfino played off the bench until he completely fractured the foot while dunking over Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant in Game 5.
"I don't really like to talk about this injury because I was playing injured for a month," Delfino said. "Most of the injury was probably my fault because I tried to play five or six weeks with a fractured bone in my foot... I tried to dunk and it just cracked."
The Bucks will play veteran Caron Butler at small forward and young players Khris Middleton and Giannis Antetokounmpo will get more playing time.
"Hopefully he's on the mend and hopefully we can get him back as soon as possibly," Bucks coach Larry Drew said. "I've always been a big Carlos Delfino fan, and I was ecstatic when we signed him. I'm hoping he can recover as fast as he can so he can join the team."
Reference: Fox Sports Wisconsin.
If you are a basketball player with a foot or ankle problem, call our Rocky Hill or Middletown office to make an appointment.
Jeffrey S. Kahn, DPM
Connecticut Foot Care Centers
Sports Medicine Podiatrist in CT
Podiatrist in Rocky Hill and Middletown, CT
Visit our website, follow my tweets on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment